Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 13 of 2013

I can't believe we're already saying goodbye to two thousand and stinkin thirteen.

But we are.  So here are my thirteen favorite photos of the year, in chronological order.


{1}


Back in the days of potty training.  It seems like a lifetime ago.  Just recently, Jake and I looked at each other and said "Hey - our kid is potty trained!".  It happened so quickly, and part of me thought it would take several tries.  Once again, Carter surprised us and the techniques worked.  Phew!


{2}


A little guy and his little girl, enjoying their BINGO video.  So, so sweet.  We miss this blonde little bombshell so much....


{3}


I don't even know what to say.  Little belly, smooshy cheeks, hooded towel.  He's almost edible.


{4}


Freedom!  On the beach in Florida.  I can't wait to see how he'll own that beach this year.


{5}


Our little family.  This might be an all-time favorite, folks.


{6}


Such a big, brave boy - leaving '4' and entering '5' - surrounded by his people.  Cry.


{7}


Carter's first year at Vacation Bible School.  With his girl, Rach, by his side - he rocked it.  And it made me realize, once again, that he is capable of so much more than I realize.


{8}


Carter loves this Dad of his so much, and he always has a smile or two for him.  This one, while on vacation up north.  My two favorite guys, makes my heart swoon :)


{9}


And this.  If it wouldn't be weird to hang a giant canvas in the living room of me in my swimsuit, I totally would.  And maybe I will.  Because it's my house.  Well, kind of.


{10}


My little boy, holding the hand of someone so dear to me.  After an afternoon of picking Door County cherries in the summer.


{11}


His little sassy grin just screams 'stinker'.


{12}


Because, FINALLY.


{13}


'HOORAY!' - A pretty great way to end 2013, wouldn't you say?

++++++++

And because it doesn't seem right to post a New Years post without a Christmas post, I will give you a quick run-down:
Five celebrations
Forgot camera at four of them
Family love all around
Spoiled 5 year old
Yummy eats
Favorite people


Merry Christmas.

One Thing I Know For Sure: Peeking into 2014, and it looks pretty darn good.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.

    Whenever I read your blog, you inspire me to do a blog post. Unfortunately, the inspiration doesn't last long enough to carve the time out to do it. lol. Love your posts as always!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...