Thursday, January 16, 2014

Speaking Of....

I'd really like to tell you about how wonderful the past few weeks have been, and maybe share some dreamy photos.  But that would all be a big fat lie.

Carter had 2 weeks off for Christmas break.  It was just long enough to enjoy each other.  I'm convinced that 14 days is the cut off.  By day 15, we were both tired of it and wanted our routine.

That's not all.  Monday, when Carter was supposed to return to school, we had a snow day.  Bummer. Oh well  - what's one more day, right?

Wrong.  Because, surprise!  Tuesday - snow day.

Carter went to school on Wednesday and Thursday.  He always has off Friday's.  No problem, he'll go back on Monday.

Wrong.  Because, surprise! Monday is an early release day, and now that Carter goes to school in the afternoon, he has no school on early release days.  It's okay, he'll be back tomorrow, and it will all be good. 

Wrong.  Because, surprise! Tuesday - snow day.

I couldn't make this stuff up.

He went to school yesterday.  Today he's at school.  All is well.

{I just looked at my calendar.  There's no school next Monday.}

-_-

Surprise.

++++++++

Speaking of surprise....

Here's another little sweet surprise.  I stopped at the house today, and - good golly - it's drywalled.  There is an end in sight, after all.



In a few days, we'll be celebrating 5 months of living with Jake's fam.  Five months.  That's about 3 months longer than we expected.  So really, is 'celebrate' the right word?  Let's ask them.

Or let's not :)

Either way, we will soon be celebrating lots of things in our new house, in our new town.  I can hardly wait....!

++++++++

Speaking of celebrating....except the opposite....

One year ago this week, sweet Moses was ushered into a little room at the vet, never to walk out again.

Waaah.

Jake and I were talking about puppies - how much fun Carter would have with one - how much work it would be for us - but it's okay because it would be fun - and we could get this kind - or maybe that kind - and we could name it this - ...and then we thought of Moses.  And got tear-y.  And said forget it.

I think we're not ready.

++++++++

Speaking of not being ready....

This new year sort of snuck up on me.  Last year, and the year before, I had a plan of attack.  In my head, I thought "This new year will look like this".  I had a theme.

This year, nothing.

I'm sort of in a funk.  And that's okay.  We all go through seasons of having it all together, and seasons of not really caring about having it all together.  I'm good with it.  Because soon, I'll be in a season called "Unpack all our earthly belongings and nest like a crazy woman in my new house".

So here I am, in this season of in-betweenness and waiting.

There's good stuff ahead.  I promise.

I know this to be true:

And this, a good remind for me as I wait:

What season are you in, friend?  Can you appreciate where you're at, even if it's not really where you want to be?  I hope so.  There's good to be found right here - and there's more ahead.  

One Thing I Know For Sure: "Look for the good, you will find it." {be the first to name the popular blogger who said this, for 1000 bonus points} :)

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you're in the 'mean time'. You know, after 'this' and before 'that' there's 'in the mean time' where lots of good things can happen! Your house is looking good by the way. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...